Microsoft Entourage (Macintosh, Office 2001)
- Choose Accounts from the Tools menu. The Accounts window appears.
- Choose Directory Service from the New pull-down menu. The Account Setup Assistant window appears. Click on the <Configure Account Manually> button. The Edit Account window appears.
- Type in a name in the Account name field (for example, wvuLDAP).
- In the LDAP server field, type ldap.wvu.edu.
- Click the "Click here for advanced options" button. Make sure that the port is set to 389. It should be set by default. Close the advanced options window.
- Click the Options tab in the Edit Account window. Type ou=people,dc=wvu,dc=edu in the Search base field.
- Click OK. Close the Accounts window.
- Choose Directory Services from the Tools menu. Click once on the wvuLDAP directory to select it from your Directory Services in the Folder list are of the Outlook Express window.
- Type the search criteria in the Search for Name field, click the <Find> button.
- The directory entry appears. To expand the search results, double-click on the entry. A window appears and displays the information. Click on the arrow to expand the entry results.